Scroll UpScroll Up
Skip to content
Safety, Safety, Safety – 10 Tips for a Safe Barbecue
- Thaw food before cooking and always keep raw food covered and out of the sun.
- Dress appropriately – bikinis or loose clothing is not a good idea. Always wear an apron and use oven gloves and tie long hair back.
- The right tools for the job. Use barbecue tools, designed for the purpose with long , heatproof handles.
- Make sure the barbecue is on a level, solid surface. Keep away from trees, hedges, fences. Never move a lit barbecue.
- Do not use flammable liquids to start a barbecue and never add them to a lit barbecue.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or fire blanket handy – just in case and never leave a barbecue unattended especially when there are children around.
- Keep a spray bottle of cold, plain water handy to douse flames in case of flare-ups
- Dispose of ashes responsibly and always make sure